Sunday, November 6, 2011

25 Interesting Things About Me

 Roberto Jeremías Bútler on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 12:07pm

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I've never been fishing in my life, ever.

2. My three favorite cities in the world are San Francisco, Buenos Aires, and Paris.

3.I've had a variety of jobs in my short lifetime: Bagger @ Tom Thumb, Waiter and Host @ Taffys, Sandwich maker at Subway, Cook/Carhop at Sonic (twice), Host @ Chilis, Lifeguard at Wet Zone Waterpark, Bill Collector @ Fma Alliance (three times), Survey Conductor for Texas A&M, Spanish Tutor (self-employed), Russian TA @ TAMU, Telemarketer for Golf Magazine, and a Restructuring Financial Analyst @ AlixPartners.

4. When I was younger, I thought prosecute and execute were the same thing. I used to freak out when I saw trash cans say "Illegal Dumpers will be prosecuted". I thought the world was a cruel, cruel place.

5. My life goal is to learn 9 languages, fluently.

6. My biggest pet peeve is someone moving my seat & mirrors after driving my car.

7. I once slipped through security and posed as a close family friend in order to meet Venus Williams.

8. I'm obsessed with lists, statistics, and counting things. I keep track of EVERYTHING in Excel & Access. It once got so bad that I tried to create a list of every movie I had ever seen. I cannot believe I saw the movie Krippendorf's Tribe.

9. I once knew every single world to the movie Speed with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. "Stop the bus, stop it! Look look listen"

10. In addition to lists, I'm obsessed with aviation. Combine this with my love for lists and statistics, I've figured out that as of Jan 28th, 2009 I've flown a total of : 137, 433 Miles, spent 13.3 days in the air, circumnavigated the earth 5.52X, taken 145 flights on 14 different airlines, from 48 different airports in 10 different countries. My most common flight is from Minneapolis - Sioux Falls, SD (10 times). My top airline is Northwest Airlines, at 26.2% with United Airlines a close second at 24.8% of my flights. Ok, ok, call me weird.

11. If someone cut off my finger tips, I would probably commit suicide because I wouldn't be able to text.

12. My top 5 websites at the moment are: Www.facebook.com, Sfbay.craigslist.org, buenosaires.craigslist.org, www.xe.net, and www.gmail.com

13. I'm always late. Always. I get a small thrill out of rushing to things and trying to make it on time. If I'm set to meet you at 6:30, I'll most likely leave my house at 6:27, lie through my teeth on the phone and tell you I'm en route, when I'm probably checking the mailbox or something.

14. I love the TV show Jeopardy. I've been watching Jeopardy! since a small child, and would impress my mother when she would come home from work by memorizing the answers and responses to taped episodes. I tried out for Teen Jeopardy when I was 13, passed the test, went to Houston for the finals, made it to the final 12 for the South Region, but wasn't picked. My mother tapes every single episode of Jeopardy for me when I'm on vacation, and I spent countless hours in front of the TV catching up.

15. I learned how to swim only after securing a job as a lifeguard. I went in for an interview as a cashier at the waterpark, but due to a mixup, I was in an interview for a lifeguard. I bullshitted my way through it, ran out, learned to swim before the swim test, and became a successful lifeguard for 2 years.

16. I'm really afraid of trains. Not passenger trains, but cargo trains. Like , real bad.

17. I get strep throat over 5 times a year. This is a blessing and a curse. A curse because the pain is hell, but I always talk the doctor into giving me Tylenol-3. This constant supply of Tylenol-3 with codeine is probably the biggest reason for me not having my tonsils removed.

18. I make CD singles of songs that I really like and overplay them until I get tired of them. Current single: Love Lovckdown

19. If someone were to put a gun to my head and ask me to pick a category for a question to save my life, I'd most likely pick: Monopoly spaces, Spanish Grammar, or Barcelona metro stations.

20. I thought the word approximately meant EXACTLY equal until about 9th grade. This probably really screwed with my math skills. When i was absolutely sure of an answer, I'd put squiggly equal lines in my equations to show my certainty.

21. I grew up in the ghetto on the South Side of Chicago. Our neighborhood was so bad that we could never celebrate New Years on our feet. When the clock struck 12 midnight, we'd have to lie down on the ground and throw confetti in the air just in case gunshots were fired through the window. Sad.

22. I once had a huge medical scare with lupus. My test results came back showing that I had lupus once and I showed all the symptoms. I freaked out for a while and tried to get used to living my life with lupus , until the doctors realized I didn't have it.

23. I once went to hang around the Waldorf Astoria in New York City for the sole purpose of finding Paris Hilton. Five minutes after my arrival, I ran into her sister, Nicky.

24. I have friends in every single European capital except for Minsk, Bratislava, and Budapest. This makes travel lodging expenses very cheap.

25. I used to spend Saturday nights watching Forensic Files, and other real life crime shows on CourtTV. I read books and also took notes and decided I wanted a career as a Blood Spatter Analyst. I LOVE Luminol, marks of asphyxiation, blunt force trauma, and superglue fuming. I loved it so much I took Forensic Science as an elective as soon as it was offered at Texas A&M. Interestingly enough, it's the only class that I've ever received an F in in my whole life. Ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment