Sunday, November 6, 2011

Buenos Aires Vacation - Day 9 & 10

Roberto Jeremías Bútler on Monday, January 21, 2008 at 1:11pm
So guys, some of you know, some of you don't, but I'm pretty s ick, so nothing much has been going on in Buenos Aires. Sorry to be so boring. The most interesting has be the night of Day 8, Friday, so I'll tell u a bit about that..

Fri Night:
So at this point I can feel the sickness coming on. I'm c oughing up alot of shit and feeling bad, but it's Friday night, I'm in Bs As, so I might as welll go out, right? I didn't know it was going to be this hardcore. We all get ready, me the Russian guys and the Argentines and they made dinner. I didn't want to eat dinner with them because I wanted to eat at a nice restaurant, so I carried my laptop over to this italian resto called Ravolo. I had a pretty nice ravioli dish with two sprites, and it came out to about 10 bucks. Not so bad. Everyone was staring at me though because I'm playing on my laptop the whole time during the meal, and I'm alone, so I look pretty weird. Anyways, I arrive home after dinner at 12:30 am and my friends suggest we do a preparty, Russian Style. I really don't know what this means, but I'm pretty sure it involves alot of vodka. I was definitely right.

We sit down at the table, and they place four glasses on the table, a plate full of orange slices and another plate of tomatoes. They put the vodka bottle on the table and I ask, very American like, what are we going to mix the vodka with? Response: orange slices. What the hell? To preparty Russian style, you take a bottle of vodka, a few friends, some fruit and pour shots and drink them until the bottle is gone. So, for about an hour, I sat there with 3 other guys, laughing, joking, giving cheers, and almost gagging while drinking multiple shots of vodka. When I got up, I was toasted. But it wasn't over yet, I learned a new Russian saying. Водка без пива, деньги на вечер. Vodka wthout beer is like money in the wind. We got a bunch of beer and drank that too, and the Colombian girls showed up. These Colombian girls are smokin and they know it of course. They are beautiful, really bitchy, and expect guys to do everything for them. They ended up sittign down with us and my friends decided to take them out for a wild night. We all hop in a taxi and roll out to a club called Kika, one of the best in Buenos Aires. My friends talk with the bouncer and pay some extra money, kind of expensive actually for Argentina, more than a few hundred bucks I'm sure, and we get in VIP. There's 4 of us guys and 4 Colombian girls at our own private table in the club, white plush couches with one bottle of champagne per couple. The table also came equipped with multiple Red Bulls so we could drink ourselves silly and when we were tired, boost us up with caffeine. Smart.
Anyways, it was fucking awesome because everyone was staring at us as the VIP section was right in the club and it was our own special section, no one else sh ared it with us. Only 1 of the guys in our group managed to get with the Colombians, so I said fuck it and just drank lots of champagne. At the end of the night, I could barely climb up the stairs into the vip section. After drinking up all the champagne and going back and forth to dance down below with the commoners (just kidding) I returned back to VIp and they actually denied me and said our table service was done as we drank all the champagne and red bulls. I ended up peacing out, jumping in a taxi and fleeing home. Passed out on the couch again in the living room. Very embarassing but I can't help but passing out there becuase 1) If you know me, you know I'm addicted to sleeping on couches instead of beds 2) The Australian open comes on here at 5:30 am, so I always watch tennis drunk and end up passing out.

Day 9:
Felt like shit the entire day, didn't do anything at all. I actually went to the movie theater and bought a ticket, but I totally bought it for the wrong time. I'm such a dumbass. I got my money back and I went home and slept. Took a hydrocodone to relieve the pain (i couldve taken an iburprofen, but come on, which knocks out pain the best?) and some amoxicillin. Passed out again.

Day 10: Sunday
Woke up at a decent hour actually, but my chest still hurt very bad. I figure I have either upper resp. infection, bronchitis or pneumonia. All of t hose can either be viral or bacterial, but it's kinda hard to get a dr's appt here since I don't live here nor have insurance. I decided to treat myself and take a ntibiotics. I don't know why I always have so much random prescription medicine lying around, it's like I'm a goddamn pharmacy. For some reason, I brought a full bottle of amoxicillin antibotics with me just in case I got sick. Who knew that it would really happen? After diagnoising myself, I figured that if the infection is viral, the only real treatment is to get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids. If the treatment is bacterial, take antibiotics. Since 100% cases of my bronchitis and pneumonia have been bacterial, I decided to take antibiotics. On the off chance that it's viral, I'm staying in bed anyways so I'm bound to get cured somehow.. right? (someone please tell me im not making ridiculous rationlizations to make myself feel better).. Anyways, I went to a movie. I saw Bordertown, which is a movie that was never released in the states. It's a really deep deep deep film that makes you think abou tthe horrible atrocities that are going on in the world. Awesome film. I'd recommend renting it, it's based on the true story of the deaths of hundreds of girls in Juarez, Mexico that haven't been solved.
After that I came home, slept more, slept and slept, and ordered Chinese food. The chinese food that came here looked amazing but I couldn't taste it, at all. That blows becuase it looked absoultely delish and it was only 4 dollars. The texture was good at least though. Watched the Venus Williams match and passed out.

Weird Moment over the past couple of days:
Surprisingly, since I havent been out much in the city, I havent seen anytihing too bizarre, but I'll keep you posted.. I guess the craziest thing so far was the transsexual who came in the kiosco yesterday clutching his/her Louis Vuitton bag. Looked completely like a woman until she opened her mouth. DEFINITELY a man. I believe that Argentina is #2 , if not #1 (maybe the usa) on the amount of plastic surgeries per capita, and it shows here. ALOT of transsexuals, you can't tell at all. Creepy. Also, really old people look really good too because they've had alot of work done. Sometimes its really obvious though. You see a perfectly tan, skinny lady with a decent face, fake boobs and arms that look like they've seen both world wars. These bitches need to at home sewing blankets, not out on the streets!

Peace,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment